Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bruce Sinclair Bruce Sinclair is offline

Default Are Fred Pryor Seminars good?

In article om, wrote:
Bob Phillips wrote:
wrote:
Finally, whatever you do, if it is expensive, consider training only
one employee, then asking that employee to train the others. My
company has done that in the past with great success.

False economy IMO. If your employee's time is worth less than a bit of
training, why do you keep them?

You seemed to have missed my points, namely: (1) tailor the training
to the employee's capability (for now), and (2) tailor the training to
the employer's expectations of the employee.

Quite. And do not underestimate the use of teaching as learning. What I mean
here is the old adage "you don't really understand it until you can teach it
to someone else" :)

Note also that experts are not usually what you need to teach complete
beginners - they assume far too much basic knowledge that the begginner
often does not have :)