Jack Sons

JE,

Right, I now saw what went wrong. I also noticed that it is not necessary to
array enter.

How should the formula be modified if it must work for al larger range than
only the cells with the correct entries. I tried to put in A2:F3 in stead of
A2:F2 but then it says FALSE. Why? You wrote "COUNT() counts the number of
numeric values returned and ignores the #N/A errors", so if all the correct
values are allready in A2:F2 why has the formula problems with other cells?

What I am looking for is a formula that shows TRUE if in the used range each
element of the {.....} part is found at least once. I tried
=COUNT(MATCH({2,5,234,"a",-10,"dce"},A2:F3,0))=6 with A3:F3 blank
but to no avail. It seems that MATCH() returns 6 times #N/A for the A3:F3
part of the range and nothing for the A2:F2 part.
Please help me out again.

Jack.

"JE McGimpsey" schreef in bericht
Substituting your array in place of ROW(INDIRECT("1:6")) and
array-entering the result works fine for me:

=COUNT(MATCH({2,5,234,"a",-10,"dce"},A2:F2,0))=6

In article ,
"Jack Sons" wrote:

What if the 6 elements of the range A2:F2 are not the neat 1 to 6 but,

say,
2, 5, 234, a, -10 and dce? Must {2,5,234,"a",-10,"dce"} be put in the

place
of ROW(INDIRECT("1:6"))?
I tried, I entered and array entered, but the formula in both cases

results
in zero. Please help me further.