Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
slinger slinger is offline

Default account for weekends in date formula

Unfortunately I am unable to use the "workday" function as I cannot determine
who else in the company has the add-in enabled. and the other, (Once I
corrected my error) still gives me an "inconsistent formula" error

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Have you considered the WORKDAY function?
It returns the date that is n-workdays from a base date.

(Note: the WORKDAY function is part of the Analysis ToolPak add-in)

=IF(OR(ISBLANK($A5),ISBLANK(Q5)),"",WORKDAY(N5,1))

Alternatively, maybe this
=IF(OR(ISBLANK($A5),ISBLANK(Q5)),"",N5+CHOOSE(WEEK DAY(Q5,2),1,1,1,1,3,2,1))

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"slinger" wrote:

I have the following formula set in one of my columns

=IF(OR(ISBLANK($A5),ISBLANK(Q5)),"",N5+1)

I need this to account for weekend days however and if Q5 falls on a Friday
to add 3 (so that the formula returns a date for monday, and if Q5 falls on a
Saturday to add 2 (again so that the formula returns a date for Monday.) The
remainder of the formula needs to stay intact however, as there are other
functions that depend on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.