Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Macro's

I would Format all to General then copy an empty cell.

Select the data range and EditPaste Special(in place)AddOKEsc

That will chnage the text to numbers.

No need to F2 and Enter in each cell.

BTW.....macros won't record steps or run while you're in Edit mode.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:40:02 -0800, 148steve
wrote:

I want to create a macro that will carry out actions on cells below each
other or side by side automatically. I think it is called creating a loop
macro but not to sure.
At present i have a spread sheet which i input data (copy and paste) from
another application. The data is numeric, but when i paste it into excel is
thinks its a text entry. I have done all the normal stuff but i have to place
the cursor at the end of the data in the cell, press F2 and then backspace.
This is the action i would like to run the macro on as i have to do this in
every cell.

I have create a macro to do this action but it will not allow me to
highlight an area and run it for every cell.

Can anyone help please???