Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Jenkins Toppan David Jenkins Toppan is offline

Default Excel Slow saving across Network.

I need help understanding why Excel is so slow saving files across the
network. When saving a file it can take about 5 minutes to finish the save.
I can copy the same file via explorer in 3 seconds.

I'm sure there is something going on in the background, but I can't seem to
disable it. If I take the same file and save as CSV it saves in seconds.

Please help me understand why the code is so bloated and slow when saving a
simple spreadsheet.