Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Insert A blank Row Everytime the date changes in column B

Maybe this:

With your dates in Col_B, with B1 as the column heading

Then
In the cell to the right of your last column heading enter: DateCopy
(I'll assume D1)

D2: =B2
copy that formula down as far as you need

In cell E1 enter this: DeleteMe

Select the data range, including the 2 new columns
From the Excel main menu:
<data<subtotals
At each change in: DateCopy
Use Function: Sum
Add subtotalto : DeleteMe
Click the [OK] button
(That will create the subtotals...inserting a blank row whenever the data
changes)

Now...just delete the DateCopy and DeleteMe columns

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Dtown Dawg" wrote:

I have an xls sheet with 500 rows and 4 columns. In column B is the date for
that particular record.
Is there a way that I can have xls insert a blank row everytime it
encounters a change in date in colum B. For example I may have 10 records
with the date 01-Sep-06, then after those 10 records that date wil be
02-Sep-06 and that may be 5 rows.
I want a blank row automatically inserted after each change in date.