Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Help - Daughter

You have to add the constraint "cell reference = int" where "int" is integer.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Allllen" wrote:

Doing this on solver gives me a solution that says 40 chairs and 17½ tables
would be the best.

How can I set solver to work to integers?

--
Allllen

"Don Guillett" wrote:

We kinda have rules around here about doing homework for students. Maybe you
should also.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Newbie" wrote in message
My daughter is taking an excel class - she needs help with this story
problem
- can anyone assist us on getting her started.

Manager of furniture store is planning a sale. The store has 75 square
feet
of space to display and stock merchandise. During the sale, each table
cost
$5, and retails for $11, and takes up two square feet of space.

Each chair cost $4 and retails for $9 and takes up one square foot of
space.

The maximum amount allocated for purchasing the tables and chairs for the
sale is $280.

The manager doesn't think she can sell more thean 40 chairs but the demand
for the tables is unlimited.

We need to help determine how many table and chairs the manager should
puchase in order to make the most profit.

Help - We hate story problems :)