Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kim Shelton at PDC Kim Shelton at PDC is offline

Default MultiCriteria for Conditional Formating

Thanks Carl, Yes, I say your info in other questions. I really don't want
to do that because I will have blank cells. But I can't get the VBA solution
to work. I did follow the other instructions posted but I couldn't get them
to work -- If you would be so kind as to explain the VBA solution in a way
that I can understand and get it to work that would be wonderful. I would
really appreciate it.

"CarlSprake" wrote:

Kim,

Before applying any conditional formatting give all the cells a green
formatting as if they are all crew 1. Now you can apply three conditional
formats for crews 2, 3 and 4.

Of course, this assumes that all cells will have a work crew in them. If you
need them to be blank then I am afraid you are left with a VBA solution.

Carl

"Kim Shelton at PDC" wrote:

I have 4 criteria for conditional formatting as follows: I have 4 work crews.
1=green, 2=blue, 3=tan, 4=yellow. If I type a 4 in the cell I want the fill
color to become yellow etc. I obviously can only do three - How can I do 4.
Thanks.