Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Macro's

You said that you already had code to do the F2 stuff. Wrap your code in
those two lines, and change references to specific cells/ranges to the cell
object variable.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"148steve" wrote in message
Thanks Bob, but i'm a bit of a thicky when it comes to this, can you

explain
a bit more simply how i would do this....

Thanks again

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

For Each cell In selection
'do your stuff
Next cell

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"148steve" wrote in message
I want to create a macro that will carry out actions on cells below

each
other or side by side automatically. I think it is called creating a

loop
macro but not to sure.
At present i have a spread sheet which i input data (copy and paste)

from
another application. The data is numeric, but when i paste it into

excel
is
thinks its a text entry. I have done all the normal stuff but i have

place
the cursor at the end of the data in the cell, press F2 and then

backspace.
This is the action i would like to run the macro on as i have to do

this
in
every cell.

I have create a macro to do this action but it will not allow me to
highlight an area and run it for every cell.

Can anyone help please???