Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Vijay_India Vijay_India is offline

Default Data Columns to table

Use pivot table option. drag date to the row header and time to the column
header and temp to the data zone.

"Andy" wrote:

I have about 1200 data points for temperature, taken every hour each day. The
data is in 3 columns, date, time (0:00-24:00 hrs) and the temp reading for
that hour. I want to put the data into a table with date on the left column,
and the values 0:00 - 24:00 across the top. This will allow me to plot the
data by day, month etc.

I tried a pivot table and couldn't get the data to format the way I needed
it to. Are there other suggestions for automating this task?
Thanks in advance.