Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Use of Forms Command-button on Worksheet

Is the worksheet protected?

If so, re-protect with "edit objects" selected.

Gord

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:18:01 -0800, JMay wrote:

Gord, thanks,, Yes I'm sure I used the Forms method;
I think my right-clicker is broken (or is not responding) -
perhaps a software issue requiring a "fix" - possible?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Jim

You sure you used the Forms Toolbar and not the Control Toolbox?

If Control Toolbox, you need to go into "design mode" to edit the caption.

If button from the Forms Toolbar, a right-click should do the job.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 07:51:02 -0800, Jim May
wrote:

I created several buttons - Now I wish to edit the
text that I originally put in. When I right-click on
any of the buttons (thinking this is how one would
get into edit mode) NOTHING happens; Even if I
View, Toolbars, Forms,, still nothing.. Holding
down the Control key while right clicking... NOthing;

I must not be holding my mouth right.. Can someone
tell me the magic abra-cadabra - that I might be able
to gain access to edit the text (caption)?

I'd prefer not having to delete the buttons, but then again
this isn't a problem since I don't know how this is done.

My sheet or workbook is not protected.

TIA,