Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Victor Delta Victor Delta is offline

Default Help with an Excel formula please?

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
Array formulas must be entered with CSE, <Ctrl <Shift <Enter, instead
of
the regular <Enter, which will *automatically* enclose the formula in
curly
brackets, which *cannot* be done manually.
You *must also* use CSE when revising the formula.

Again, many thanks.

However, to be honest, despite many years of using quite complex Excel
spreadsheets, I have yet to fully understand array formulae. So for the time
being, I'm going to stick to the simpler vlookup option which seems to work
perfectly. One day, I will set aside some time...

Thanks,