Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jaleel Jaleel is offline

Default Spreadsheet SUM(C:C) or indeed any SUM no longer works Excel 2003

Hi,

In the status bar did you notice any circular reference?

Jaleel

"knowq.biz/video.htm" wrote:

I have just opened a spreadsheet and tried changing data in my C Column but
noticed the results of the SUM formula did not change. I pressed recalculate
F9 and still no change. Suspect some update has broken the SUM functionality
- looks pretty serious to me. Can anyone enlighten me as to how to fix the
SUM problem, also makes me wonder what other fundamental formulae are now no
longer working. Loads of business depend on Excel data, and I would have
thought the Sum functionality pretty basic. Makes me wonder what business
decisions are being made today on the strength of spreadsheets that have out
of date SUM values bearing no relation to the data that is summed by the SUM.
I know there was an issue with spreadsheets created in other versions of
Office or something, but I have just created a new spreadsheet and the SUM
does not SUM. Am I missing something here?