Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default splitting data across worksheets

You may want to look at the way Ron de Bruin and Debra Dalgleish approached it:

Ron de Bruin's EasyFilter addin:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

Code from Debra Dalgleish's site:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

newshoes wrote:

hi!

I am trying to find the right 'key words' to use help - maybe someone can
help me... or suggest where to look.

I have a list of names address etc on on worksheet. I want a new worksheet
for those people, say, in England. instead of a filter I want to make a new
worksheet with only those people in it - but without having to copy and
paste, as this data will be updated regularly. Is there a way to do this?
Anyone know what key word to type into help?!?

thanks

--

Dave Peterson