Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
4pinoy 4pinoy is offline

Default How do I convert numbers (quantities) en letters with a formul

Bueno Gerardo....assuming without any add-ins from other source....standard
excel use only....
lets talk 1st the conversion of english numbers to spanish
open your excel file to be converted
click ToolsOptionsInternationalNumber handling
uncheck system operators
type , as decimal separator
type . as thousands separator

Now we need them to change this numbers into text.
for the numbers less than (pos/neg) 1 thousand,
just click formatcellsnumbertext
but for numbers equal or greater than 1 thousand, text conversion will
remove the thousand separator.

Depending on the Structure of your spreadsheet, where the numbers are
located within the spreadsheet.

A copy paste to ms Word doc. will help
then format the excel sheet with selected cells into text by
ToolsOptionsNumbersText...

then from ms Word back to Excel .... copypaste specialtext

Otherwise, use the add-ins and expand your learning....

"Gerardo Granados" wrote:

Thank you, by I need to convert numbers into text in Spanish.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

See Bob Phillips' site.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:08:02 -0800, Gerardo Granados <Gerardo