Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marie Marie is offline

Default vlookup shows result one cell above the expected result

I got it. I had the cells formatted the same way, but I tested it further.
Because the values on columns A and E had numbers that starts with '00', for
some reason, excel is not recognizing the first 2 digits once the formatting
has been changed to general from numeric.
Thanks for the help.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

This usually denotes that your data is not equal in both lists.

To test this, *manually* type in a value in Column E, and *manually* type in
the *exact* same value in Column A, so that you *know* that you have a
match.
Also, make sure both test cells are the same format.

What happens now?

RD

"marie" wrote in message
When I changed the 4th argument to FALSE or 0, my result shows N/A.
I tried removing the 4th argument, but the result is the same as when I

had
the 4th arg of TRUE in it.

"RagDyeR" wrote:

What happens if you change "True" to "False" (no quotes)?

RD

"marie" wrote in message
Hi there,
For some reason, my vlookup formula results in the match that appears a

cell
above the correct match.
The formula that I am using is: =VLOOKUP(E3,A1:D20,3,TRUE)
My cells are fomatted to 'General' (not text or number). I've tried

sorting,
but it did not fix the problem.
There are 5 columns on my worksheet (1st column shows asset ID, 2nd

column
shows corresponding name of the asset, column 3 shows Available Units,
column
4 shows the price). Column 5 (E) shows the asset ID's that I am finding

match for.
I need to show (as a result) the Available Units once a match between

ID's
is found.

Thanks for your help.
Marie