Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
marketerinco marketerinco is offline

Default Dates won't stay formated

Excel is doing some crazy conversion so that a date shows a number value not
the formated value. For example Excel has this as the date 37622
instead of it's actual result which should be 01/01/2003

When you are looking at the spreadsheet it looks right but on the backside
there is this number value that I can't get rid of.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

< I can successfuly do that but the program we use for our email is seeing the code.

????????????

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"marketerinco" wrote in message
| Sorry what I need is:
| 08/01/2006
| instead of 8/01/2006
|
| 8/01/2006 is how the field was originally and I needed to get the field to
| 08/01/2006. I can successfuly do that but the program we use for our email
| is seeing the code.
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|

| "marketerinco" wrote in message
| |I have a problem that I have been working on for days. I need my date fields
| | to read Ex: 08/01/2006 instead of 8/01/2006. I went into format field and
| | Ex: 08/01/2006 instead of 8/01/2006
| and was able to change it to the correct format.
| | When I save it and try to import it into an email program I get a message
| | that it's not formatted properly because it is seeing the backend formatting
| | which has the number equivilant.
| |
| | Is there any way to cut and past into a new document and only take the final
| | outcome not the format? I have spent about 3 hours today on this and by
| | morning my client will be a little upset that this isn't done.
| |