Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Adnan Adnan is offline

Default How t count by week whatever is with in the week (two criteria

Bob,

I appreciate your efforts. I cant seam to make it work, though. How about,
I change my question€¦ (this would give me greater results)

I have column B that has dates. What formula should I use to return week
number in column A?

e.g:

A B
____________
1 01-Oct-06
1 01-Oct-06
1 01-Oct-06
2 08-Oct-06
2 10-Oct-06
2 11-Oct-06
2 14-Oct-06
3 05-Oct-06
3 08-Oct-06
..
..
..

Again, thank you!
Adnan :-)

--
Please post all your inquiries on this community so we can all benefit -
Thank you!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

That is exactly how I read your original post Adnan.

Paste the formula into B2 on sheet2, and copy down and across.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Adnan" (donotspam) wrote in message
Bob,

I appreciate your quick response. I tried it, it gives me a number but I
don't really seam to know where it's coming form nor what it's

calculating?

Where do I paste this formula?

Note: Sheet1 has the data, and sheet2 should have results, I have the

format
on sheet2 that looks this way:

Weekend SRs SOs WRs
07-Oct-06 [formula here for each for each work type (SR, SO, WR)]
14-Oct-06 .
21-Oct-06 .

Thank you again,
Adnan

--
Please post all your inquiries on this community so we can all benefit -
Thank you!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000$A2-7),--(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000<=$A2),--(Sh
eet1!$B$1:$B$1000=B$1))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Adnan" (donotspam) wrote in message
I have a "Date" Colum, its first row begins with 01 Oct 06 and ends

with
01
Oct 08.
I have another column "Type of Work" that has three types of work, SR,

SO
and WR
I would like to draw a total number of Work Orders per week and type

of
work
Order (results on the other sheet)
e.e:

Weekending SR SO WO
07-Oct-06 = 10 45 15
14-Oct-06 = 30 56 102
etc...

I tried with Pivot Table but I can cot brake them down by weeks.

Is there other way of working this out please? Perhaps formula,

PivotTable
or maybe code?

Thank you,
Adnan