Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff Biff is offline

Default vlookup shows result one cell above the expected result

Are you wanting an *EXACT* match? If so, change the range_lookup argument to
FALSE or 0.

=VLOOKUP(E3,A1:D20,3,FALSE)
=VLOOKUP(E3,A1:D20,3,0)

Biff

"marie" wrote in message
Hi there,
For some reason, my vlookup formula results in the match that appears a
cell
above the correct match.
The formula that I am using is: =VLOOKUP(E3,A1:D20,3,TRUE)
My cells are fomatted to 'General' (not text or number). I've tried
sorting,
but it did not fix the problem.
There are 5 columns on my worksheet (1st column shows asset ID, 2nd column
shows corresponding name of the asset, column 3 shows Available Units,
column
4 shows the price). Column 5 (E) shows the asset ID's that I am finding a
match for.
I need to show (as a result) the Available Units once a match between ID's
is found.

Thanks for your help.
Marie