Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marie Marie is offline

Default vlookup shows result one cell above the expected result

Hi there,
For some reason, my vlookup formula results in the match that appears a cell
above the correct match.
The formula that I am using is: =VLOOKUP(E3,A1:D20,3,TRUE)
My cells are fomatted to 'General' (not text or number). I've tried sorting,
but it did not fix the problem.
There are 5 columns on my worksheet (1st column shows asset ID, 2nd column
shows corresponding name of the asset, column 3 shows Available Units, column
4 shows the price). Column 5 (E) shows the asset ID's that I am finding a
match for.
I need to show (as a result) the Available Units once a match between ID's
is found.

Thanks for your help.
Marie