Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
N E Body N E Body is offline

Default add OR to already nested If function - help required

Many thanks kassie, I have tested it and it works exactly as I wanted.

Kind Regards
Kenny

"kassie" wrote in message
Not having ctual figures to work on, I'm not sure this is what you want ,
but
worth a try:
=IF(OR(AND((C3<=F2),(D3F2)),AND((C4<=F2),(D4F2)) ,AND((C5<=F2),(D5F2)),AND((C6<=F2),(D6F2)),AND(( C7<=F2),(D7F2))),"on","off")
Of course, all in one formula, no line breaks or spaces.

"N E Body" wrote:

Hi
I have a formula I use 5 times but I want to nest them into one formula
but
I cannot get anywhere.

The formulas are

=IF(AND((C3<=F2),(D3F2)),"on","off")
=IF(AND((C4<=F2),(D4F2)),"on","off")
=IF(AND((C5<=F2),(D5F2)),"on","off")
=IF(AND((C6<=F2),(D6F2)),"on","off")
=IF(AND((C7<=F2),(D7F2)),"on","off")

By calling the functions A, B,C etc a phonetic description would be

if A or B or C or D or E is true then put "on" otherwise put "off"

Can anyone nest this for me as I have spent a day and got nowhere.

TIA

Kenny