Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default import data to excel

Using ie7, This IS the url that gave me the error

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/ftb06.htm
"The requested document was not found."
I can't be of help if I can't get to it. If I can I will try to help.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"pacent" wrote in message
Pardon me, Don, but the correct address ends in "/fbt06.htm" not "ftb".
Additionally, macros and loops are foreign to me. Can you simplify the
process?
"Don Guillett" wrote:

When I went to the url I got
"The requested document not found"

Anyway, have you tried right click in the field import to excel? You can
then record a macro and then modify to pull in the variables in a loop.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"pacent" wrote in message
1st I'm a novice so please explain accordingly. I've attempted to copy
data
from a web page (
www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/ftb06.htm) and paste
onto
an
excel worksheet (excel 2003 and/or 2000). The dialogue box informs me
that
the copied info is not the same size as .... and after proceeding the
data
is
pasted into column A only. I'm seeking help that will enable this info
be
separated into columns that will allow me to paste the team names and
their
associated ratings only and update this info on a weekly basis. welcome
and
appreciate any and all help