Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Deb Plosk77 Deb Plosk77 is offline

Default Excel Beta 2TR Bug in Vlookup?

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response. I'm at home (I have the Beta at work) and tested
your idea on 2003. I have calculation off, but it still updates the formula.
The value is not updated, but the formula reference correctly updates. Then
when I hit calculate it calculates correctly.

My issue is that in 2007 the formula itself is not updating, copying it from
column E to D it still says e$42...

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I don't use xl2007, but are you sure you have calculation set to automatic?

Deb Plosk77 wrote:

Hi,

In copying this formula:

=VLOOKUP(E$42,IData!$E$3:$AY$65536,35,FALSE)

from one column to another, regular copy and paste, it treats e$42 as if it
is $e$42. If I copy and paste special, formulas and number formats, it will
update the column reference correctly.

Does anyone know if this is a known bug? Do you have this problem as well?
Not sure where to post possible problems so thought I'd try here as well as
mailing MS directly.

Thank you,
Deb

--