Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Val Val is offline

Default changing password in Excel workbook

I can open the workbook with the password that I know. When I go to Tools,
Options, Security, I see encrypted password but I can not copy it.
What I am not able to do is to change the password.
--
Val

"fluffymoore" wrote:

Hi,

You need to goto, Tools, Options, Security. You should find the password
there that allows you to open the workbook!

"Val" wrote:

I have a workbook (1 spreadsheet) that is password protected. When I try to
open the workbook, I am promted for a password. I enter it and the workbook
opens without any problems.
The problem starts when I try to change the password.
I tried to change the password by going to Tools, Protection, Protect
Workbook. At this point I am promted for a password.
When I try to enter the same password that I used to open the workbook, it
does not recognize it.

--
Val