Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lori Lori is offline

Default How do I convert multiple columns to a single column?

I missed that the data goes under each other.
Do as above but add another column with A,B,C,D which you can sort by
after:

'=Sheet1!A1 A
'=Sheet1!B1 B
'=Sheet1!C1 C
'=Sheet1!D1 D

Lori wrote:

If the data is on sheet1, try:

1. Enter these four text formulas:

'=Sheet1!A1
'=Sheet1!B1
'=Sheet1!C1
'=Sheet1!D1

(Make sure there is a leading apostrophe so it is text and not a
formula)

2. Select these four cells and drag down the fill handle in the lower
right corner of the range however far is needed. The last digit should
increment every four cells.

3. Now choose Data Text to Columns Finish to evaluate the formulas
(assuming tab delimited default).

scottflinders wrote:

I have several spreadsheets with data listed in 4 columns. Each column has
about 1500 rows of data. I need to reorder my data so that column B's data
is placed underneath the last data entry in column A (with column C under B,
etc.)

e.g.

existing order

A B C D
1 1 1 1
2 2 2 2
3 3 3 3
4 4 4 4

new order

1
2
3
4
1
2
3
4
1
2
3
4

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.