Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lori Lori is offline

Default Unique Entries

Why not use a pivot table on sheet 2 with Column A as the data range?
Simply click the refresh button if the data changes.
This can also gives you a frequency count if you drag it to the data
field:

Column A Count of Column A
ABC Company 2
XYZ Company 2
123 Company 1

SJT wrote:

On Sheet 1 of my worksheet in column A I have a list of names to which I add
every week. Many of these are duplicates. On Sheet 2, I would like to
maintain an ongoing list of unique entries of column A from Sheet 1. Since I
would like to be able to look at both the table that has the duplicates and
also a table w/ the unique names (which will have different information), a
filter of unique entries on Sheet 1 is not an ideal solution. How can I
accomplish this?

Example:

Sheet 1

Column A