Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ExcelChampion ExcelChampion is offline

Default Combine VLOOKUP and IF function so #NA isn't returned as a val

Just so that you are aware, it is typically the ideal that ISNA is use
instead of ISERROR because ISERROR will return TRUE for even syntactical
errors. For instance, =ISERROR(VLOOKUP(HJAHSDFJADHF)) will return TRUE.
Best to replace ISERROR with ISNA.

"buffgirl71" wrote:

HALLELUIA!!! You're all geniuses - thank you SO much - it works
PERFECTLY!!!

Enjoy your weekends -

buffgirl71 wrote:
I am using VLOOKUP and when that function doesn't find the value in the
table, it returns "#NA" as the value. I then can't sum the column
because of the #NA in some of the cells. Is there a way that I can
return a zero or a null instead of the #NA? I was thinking that perhaps
the VLOOKUP could be combined with IF... Thanks for your help in
advance.