Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
luvgreen luvgreen is offline

Default How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie

Jon:

Thank you s much for your reply. You answered my last time's similar
question too. :)

Is it possible to generate this kind of chart from VBA code? Thanks again.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Make the chart with the first series as a line chart with a time scale axis.

Add the data for the second series. Convert this series to an XY series
(select the series, Chart menu Chart Type). Put the XY series onto the
primary axis (double click, Axis tab).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"luvgreen" wrote in message
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I
don't
know how to.

Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled
Date Count
1/1/2006 12
1/2/2006 3
1/3/2006 5
2/1/2006 18
2/3/2006 4
2/18/2006 9
4/1/2006 18
7/4/2006 38

Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis
with
symbols.

1/31/2006
2/18/2006
4/2/2006

I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled
chart,
with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please give me some advice on how to do
it. Thank you all.