Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Conan Kelly Conan Kelly is offline

Default Combine VLOOKUP and IF function so #NA isn't returned as a value from VLOOKUP

Yes it can,

=IF(ISERROR{or other IS functions}(VLOOKUP([your vlookup arguments])),0,VLOOKUP([your vlookup arguments]))

I hope this helps,

Conan Kelly
"buffgirl71" wrote in message ups.com...
I am using VLOOKUP and when that function doesn't find the value in the
table, it returns "#NA" as the value. I then can't sum the column
because of the #NA in some of the cells. Is there a way that I can
return a zero or a null instead of the #NA? I was thinking that perhaps
the VLOOKUP could be combined with IF... Thanks for your help in
advance.