Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff Biff is offline

Default check text color from conditional formatting w/out using VB

Answer this question and then use that answer as the logic of your formula:

Why are the cells red?

Biff

"slinger" wrote in message
I need a formula that checks the color of text in a cell that was applied
using conditional formatting. Unfortunately I cannot use any VB scripting
since the security policy at my organization will not allow it. I don't
even
know if this can be done. If not I will be forced to have a miles long
formula.

If the text of the cells in any of 8 columns is red, then I need to copy
information. The cell text can be either red, green, black, or the cell
could be blank. I will need to ignore blank cells for this formula.

I don't even know where to begin on this one.