Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Multiple Ranges against one Domain

If you start with your data arranged a certain way, it will make your life
much easier. The best way is in columns, with your X values in the first
column and the Y values in adjacent columns to the right. Don't skip any
columns. If there are series titles for the Y columns, put them in the row
right above the data. Don't skip any rows either. Finally, if there are Y
labels, leave the cell above the X column blank.

If you can't do columns, then do rows, X in the first row, Y labels in the
first column, top left cell blank, don't skip any rows or columns.

With the data like this, select the whole block or a single cell within the
block, and run the chart wizard. Excel will parse the range and setup one X
and many Y ranges automatically. If there are more rows than columns, Excel
will plot with series in columns, so you should just keep an eye on this in
step 2 of the chart wizard.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message
oups.com...
I used to be able to do this but now I can't seem to find the
functionality

I would like to plot multiple ranges (y-values) against a single range
(x-values)
example:

Y[1]: 1, .89,.56,.45,.25,.02
Y[2]: 1,.87,.45,.35,.20,.05
.
.
.
Y[n]:1,.82,.83,.32,.04,.04
Plot each Yset against one range (x-set)

X[1]: 3.45,3.15,2.56,1.22,.789,.45

I can brute force it: source data- add series - select x-data -
select y-data[1]........
but I have 100's of ranges all to plot against the same domain, all
against X[1]
Thanks in advance