Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Displaying negative time in excel

6,

You need to use the 1904 date system to allow negative times Tools / Options / Calc tab Check
"1904 Date system" Note that this will throuw off any entered dates on you worksheet unless you
subtract 1492 from all of your date constants....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Six Sigma Blackbelt" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that displays appt. time & actual time in, some of my
actual time in data is greater than the appt. time ex: 13:15 appt time,
Actual time in 13:18, the cell should show :03 in red? but instead it gives
me a #VALUE!. How can I display this time, and show it as a negative time.