Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Sheet Reference is not working

Viha,
Sadly the original cell shows nothing in it never gets populated.

The corresponding cell on the sheet selected in step 3 will get populated
with the following =Sheetname!#Ref

detail example:
If selecting cell X1 on SheetA
then Cell X1 on SheetB would be populated with the formula. It's as if when
the Enter key is pressed there is something interfering with the switch back
to the source sheet and instead the formula entered is placed on the current
sheet

BTW the formula will execute so it is not that the cell is formatted as text.

In the mean time I believe I may have corrected the error by reinstalling
Office (repair)

Cheers
kevin