Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
DavidB DavidB is offline

Default Another Error

Max

Is there any other way of doing this? Any thoughts on exactly why H8 is not
reflecting what my formula is asking? And (sorry to ask this but...) how do I
go about doing what you have suggested below? This is starting to become
complicated...I think....

Cheers
David

"Max" wrote:

One work-around the restrictions faced here would be to simply link the 11
discontiguous cols into another "helper" sheet where these could be placed
together in a continuous range, then apply the suggested formula in H8 to
point to these cols in the helper sheet.
--
Max
Singapore
"DavidB" wrote in message
Thanks Max for your time, really appreciated.
I should have briefly explained what I'm doing, sorry. This database thing
is an assessment tracker for grading students, it has a bucket load of
stuff
involved within it's framework...and I might add that I've had a lot of
help
from people like yourself and others from this discussion group. So as you
can
see I'm NOT Excel savvy.

Firstly, the other cells you asked about do contain other numbers/letters
etc that are entered in at various times.
Secondly, numbers in the discontiguous range are also entered in at
different times during the students course. This particular range reflects
co-assessment of several subjects. So H8 being where the result of my
desired
return should show when the right conditions are entered into the
discontiguous range either HD or C or D or P or F or NGP etc.

Hope all that makes sense Max
Cheers
David