Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff Biff is offline

Default lookup

Try this:

A10 = lookup value pages
B10 = lookup value quantity

This will work as long as the quantity in B10 does not excede the max
quantity listed in the table. For example, the max qty in the table is 2500.
As long as the lookup value qty is not greater than 2500 this will work:

=VLOOKUP(A10,A1:E5,CEILING(B10/500,1)+1,0)

Biff

"Sum Limit and marking" wrote
in message ...
I need a formula that can help me do the following:

I have a pricing grid in the following format,

A B C D E
1 500 1000 2000 2500
2 64 $ 5 $ 6 $ 7 $ 8
3 80 $ 7 $ 8 $ 9 $10
4 96 $...............................

The numbers in column A are the number pages
The numbers in row 1 are quantities of books

Is there a formula that would allow me to type in the number of pages, and
quantity, and provide me with the correct pricing? For example, a 64 page
book at a quantity of 500 equals $5. Also if a book contains 80 pages
with a
quantity of 750, I need it to give me the next highest cost, which would
be
$8. Any suggestions?