Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default CONDITIONAL FORMULA

Can you just reverse the order?

IF(D20,"USD",IF(C20,"CAD","NOD"))

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"SSJ" wrote in message ...
Hello,

By using the following conditional formula, I am able to get the category needed based on the sales. The sales are mutually exclusive. In other words, if there is a value under CAD SALES then USD SALES & USD FX will be either zero or blank. And if the USD SALES is filled then CAD SALES will be either zero or blank. And if all three sales fields are empty then the category should be "NOD".

I would like to incorporate this mutually exclusiveness in my formula. Please see EXAMPLE 2, customer 'B', though this is a USD customer but because the there is a value under CAD SALES, it is giving an incorrect category.

IF(C20,"CAD",IF(D20,"USD","NOD"))

EXAMPLE 1
CUSTOMER CATEGORY CAD SALES USD SALES USD FX
A CAD 100.00 - -
B USD 200.00 20.00
C NOD - - -

EXAMPLE 2
CUSTOMER CATEGORY CAD SALES USD SALES USD FX
A CAD 100.00 - -
B CAD 1.00 200.00 20.00
C NOD - - -

Thanks