Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RC RC is offline

Default Save RAND select number

I actually tried that on a second workskeet, but that didn't work either.
And, for legal purposes, I'd have to be able to show that a formula was used
to pick the number...so you can see how recalculating presents a problem...
Thank you for your response though.

"rook" wrote:

You could copy and paste value.

"RC" wrote:

Hello,

I want to use RAND BETWEEN to pick a random number from a list - and then
save it so it will not recalcutate. My intention is to use it as a way to
randomly select a winner of a drawing.

I tried to password protect the work sheet, but that didn't work. And, I'm
not sure why. Is there a way to randomly select a number, row or cell and
NOT have it recalculate?