Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
denise denise is offline

Default Entering Times In Excel

Well, that didn't work. I have a code in excel where they don't have to
enter the decimels when they are entering the time. When I take the code out
the validation works but then they have to enter the decimels when they enter
the time. Is there a solution to that??

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use data validation, with an allow type of custom.

Assume time 1 is in a1, and time 2 is in B1, use a formula of =B1=A1 in B1.

And so on

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Denise" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet that 8 different people access. There are times

that
are entered - Arrival Time, Triage Time, To ED Time, Saw MD Time and
Discharge Time. I have formulas to calculated the wait times.

There are lots of problems with people entering the times wrong from the
chart - whether it is a typo or the incorrect time is written on the

patient
chart. I need to put something in the worksheet that will not let the

person
enter the time if it is wrong.

Example - the person will arrive at 900 and be placed in a room at 830.
This is not possible since they are not even here.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.