Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default change point size of all points in an xy chart

Marker size?

Select the chart and run this macro. You'll probably change your mind about
the size of 2, so it asks what size you want when it runs, with a default of
2. It also makes sure you've selected a chart first.

Sub ChangeMarkerSize()
Dim srs As Series
Dim newsize As Long
If ActiveChart Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Select a chart and try again."
Else
newsize = Application.InputBox("What size for your markers?", _
"Enter Marker Size", 2, , , , , 1)
If newsize < 2 Then newsize = 2
If newsize 72 Then newsize = 72
For Each srs In ActiveChart.SeriesCollection
On Error Resume Next
srs.MarkerSize = newsize
On Error GoTo 0
Next

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"kilter" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have 255 series in an xy chart and would like to reduce the point
size to 2. Could some kind soul give me a hand with a vba script to do
this (I have not programmed in vba before). Any help very gratefully
received.