Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] bmurphy@xlrotor.com is offline

Default need help with conditional formatting 3 criteria

I want odd columns to use a red font, and even columns to use a blue
font.
I have this working now using two conditional formatting criteria.

Now I want to add another criteria that formats any negative values in
an even column to have a yellow background, but I can't get it to work.

I tried something like =AND(MOD(COLUMN(),2)=0,A1<0) as the 3rd
criteria of the type FORMULA IS.

I thought this would work, but it doesn't. In fact, that above
criteria doesn't even work when used all by itself on another sheet.

Have I run into undocumented limitations of conditional formatting?

Thanks,

Brian Murphy
Austin, Texas