Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Calulating hours, minutes and seconds

Are you sure your input cells aren't text strings, rather than times?
--
David Biddulph

"Linda Le Geyt" wrote in message
Thanks for the info, however, clicking the autosum (and adding the column
rows) still does not calculate the total, just shows 00:00:00
--
Linda Le geyt

"Stefi" wrote:

Let Excel make an Autosum and it will sum up your data and format the
result
Sum cell like [h]:mm:ss and show the result of 1:53:32

Regards,
Stefi

"Linda Le Geyt" ezt írta:

I have an excel spreadsheet which could contain hundreds of rows with
hours,
minutes and seconds. I need to calculate into hours, minutes seconds
the
total duration. I have completed a SUM and changed the calculation
total to
HH:MM:SS to stop the 24 hour roll up, however, my total only shows
00:00:00.

Any suggestions?? Thanks

Below is a shortened example ex
01:04:07