Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default How do I keep numbers from rounding in a custom format?

15 max

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"daisyweg" wrote in message
I need to enter 17 digit account codes into a spreadsheet. the format I set
up to do this was including the hyphens that spearate various factors
within
the account codes. However, when I enter the numbers, the last digit is
rounding down and I need it to stay the way I enter it. My limited
experimenting included formating the cells as text, but then I was forced
entere all the hyphens. Following is the format I created.

Thank you for any help you can offer. PLease respond to