Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Text Import Wizard

I'd create a macro that opened the text file with the settings exactly what I
want.

Start a new workbook
record a macro when you do the File|Open
continue to record the macro when you format, add headers, page layout,
subtotals, anything you can think of.

Now stop recording the macro

Close the newly imported text file and back to the workbook with the recorded
macro.

Add a button from the forms toolbar to the first worksheet.
Assign the recorded macro to that button

Save that workbook that does the importing.

Click the giant button to test it out.

bozinomi wrote:

Hi, does anyone know how to open a text file without going through the text
import wizard? I open an .out file on a daily basis, and it's always
delimited/space/general on the wizard options. Maybe there is a way to set
default text import options, or open this file in a different way. Please
advise

--

Dave Peterson