Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dk_ dk_ is offline

Default Manual control of link updating for downloaded quotes?

Running Excel97, and Excel98 Mac.

I'd like to manually be able to control updating of 'linked references'
in a few workbooks, without having to click the 'No' button in the
dialog box that displays when I open each workbook containing links.

If I uncheck the choice on the 'ToolsOptionsEdit tab', (Ask to
update automatic links), then I don't get the 'ask" dialog box upon file
opening, but then the links update automatically.

I have three columns of stock quote data that I download, and I'd like
to update each workbook manually by choice.

What's the best way to do this?

Maybe 'linked references' is not best way to do this?

Thank you in advance for any help.

-Dennis

--
Dennis Kessler