Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PCLIVE PCLIVE is offline

Default How to force workbook to always open on the index sheet tab

Press Alt+F11 to enter the VB Editor.

Double-click on 'ThisWorkbook' and the paste the following code.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Index").Activate
End Sub

HTH,
Paul

"p1518" wrote in message
Hi, I have a workbook, comprising several sheets, one of which is the
tab, and the rest a sheet/ tab for each user.

users often save the workbook while it is open on their tab, but i would
like to build in some VBA code somewhere, so that the workbook will always
open in the Index tab/worksheet, regardless of where it was last saved.

Could someone please assist me (remember I am a relative novice !) ?