Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Richard Richard is offline

Default lookup

That works.
Thank you Biff.
BTW, you know any McFly's? ;)

"Biff" wrote:

There is no range_lookup for LOOKUP. You must be thinking of VLOOKUP.

The OP will need to use either VLOOKUP or a combination of INDEX/MATCH and
set the range_lookup/match_type to 0 for an EXACT match. If you're looking
for an approximate match if an exact match is not found then you'll have to
post more detail.

Biff

"fluffymoore" wrote in message
Edit your formula and in the range box try typing false. This should
return
what you are looking for.

"Richard" wrote:

The standard LOOKUP function (vector) requires that "The values in
lookup_vector must be placed in ascending order: ...,-2, -1, 0, 1, 2,
...,
A-Z, FALSE, TRUE; otherwise, LOOKUP may not give the correct value.
Uppercase
and lowercase text are equivalent."

This is not convenient for me. The values I have in lookup_vector must
remain unsorted.

Is there a way to do this?