Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Finding Location of Maximum Value in 2D Array

Thanks for posting back. That's the way I (kind of) remember it.

Jim Cone wrote:

Dave,
Thanks for that.
I just tried it in XL2000 and it does not work there.
However, that will not be a problem after the entire world upgrades. <g
--
Jim Cone

"Dave Peterson"
wrote in message
Depends on the version of excel.
.find won't work with xl97.
.find works with xl2002+
I've blacked out what happens with xl2k (stupid brain!).

Jim Cone wrote:
This seems to work...
Function superfoo2(r As Range) As String
Dim m As Double
m = Application.Max(r)
superfoo2 = r.Find(What:=m, after:=r(r.Count)).Address
End Function
------
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA