Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default How do I start the line graph at 0 on the x axis instead of 1?

Hi,

Sounds like you have a Line chart, which uses categorical x axis rather
than value, and use have not specified the x's. By default the point
index starts at 1.

First change the chart type to XY Scatter and then make sure you specify
the x values.

Cheers
Andy

jo wrote:
When I type the data into the spreadsheet, it starts at 1, not 0. Then when I
make a graph, it puts the first y value at 1 on the x axis. Is there a way to
make my first y value start at x=0? I have microsoft Excel 2003

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info