Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] quetzalc0atl@hotmail.com is offline

Default multiple column comparison on 2 worksheets

Hello (again :D),

I need to compare text on 2 columns on two different worksheets.

here's some sample data:

Name Application
G.Anderson VB6
G.Anderson Team Spirit
B.Jones MapManager/Editor
A.Smith Groupwise 5.5
etc

The data is similar on the other worksheet. I need to compare to see
(assuming Name is column A and Application is column B) if A1 and B1 in
worksheet 1 appear at all in worksheet 2 and so on for about 600
records. I am able to compare one column but not sure how to expand it
to two using:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$501, Sheet2!$A$2:$A$501, 1, 0)),
"Unique", "Duplicate")

any help would be most greatly appreciated,

Clive.