Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default auto count from autofilter

If your list has many formulas, or if a cell in the list is changed
after an AutoFilter has been applied, the Status Bar may show "Filter
Mode" instead of a count of the visible records.

The following MSKB article has information:

The AutoFilter status bar displays the "Filter Mode" message in Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213886

And there are a couple of workarounds he
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

Marisa wrote:
Dear all,

I used to get a auto count on the left-hand bottom corner, e.g. "75 of 2992
records found" if I pick a item from the drop down list of auto-filter. But
sometime this information is not coming out on some excel file. Do I need
to do some setting change so that the auto count will alway appear?

Thanks a lot!
Marisa

--
Debra Dalgleish